Friday, July 6, 2012

On February 25th 2012 during the Miracle League Field Dedication Ceremony for the Miracle League of Manasota I had an opportunity to chat with Bob Mitchell who is the President of the league and thanked him for helping bring the league to Sarasota.  During our chat we talked about how the league had come a long way since we first spoke with the Sarasota County Commissioners and also brought up the question about potential publicity to help generate the needed funds for phase two of the Miracle League field.  When I brought up the possibility of doing an article on the league and the belt Bob told me I would have to get permission from the Baltimore Orioles.  Why would a non-profit need permission from a baseball club to do any kind of fund raising or media relations?  About a year earlier on February 9th 2011 Louis Angelos, an owner of the Baltimore Orioles, responded back from an email I sent which said, "Matt, pleasure meeting you at the ballpark today. Please send any information regarding the product at your convenience. Thanks. Louis".  There was no response after I sent the information he requested.  On February 29th 2012 I sent Louis another email this time asking for "his blessing" on the article and again did not receive a response nor did my email bounce back.  Why no response now?  Did Major League Baseball say something to Louis to change his mind about the belt story?  After seeing what Major League Baseball did to the Los Angeles Dodgers owner it's no doubt why he has had to cut off contact.  What we resist persists and I'm curious how long this charade will continue!


No comments:

Post a Comment